Wednesday, July 21, 2010

War Oni (part one)

Well yesterday I tried the Crimson Fields by myself. The beginning seemed quite easy. Just defeating some monsters and small bosses. I wanted to fight Yakedo but I knew I couldn't solo that boss. So I just went to fight Warlord Katsumori. I almost died in that battle because he used a Helephant on me. I was lucky and anticipated the move so I healed myself the turn before. I took him out with a beefed up skeletal pirate.

I knew what will happen next. Katsumori turned into (spoiler alert!) the War Oni. In this battle I knew I would have to protect myself from his big hits so on the first turn I used the two pips I had to summon a minion. This minion did little damage to his 2,000 health. He then used a Firezilla on my minion witch was astonishing. my minion saved me from a whole bunch of damage.



I took damage as he took damage so eventually I had to heal myself. I tried to use my Satyr spell but it fizzled! Healing spells used to be 100% now they are 90%. I heard of this update but I never went to see if it was true.

I still won. I finished three quest after defeating him. I got my empower spell.

I finished the instance and beat that section of the game.I have more to tell but you will have to wait for tomorrow.

The smart, yet flammable necromancer
-Jacob Thundersword

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!

    The first time I battled War Oni, I was working from home and ran out of time on my break just as he materialized. I was frantically dialing into a conference call while casting spells and dodging helephants. Very stressful, but I managed to win (the duel, not the meeting). Oni battles are always exciting and fun.

    That Empower spell is probably best saved for your Scarecrow. Without the massive heal following that, I'm not sure the damage is worth it. And just like with your Sacrifice spell, think about the added impact to yourself from any damage boost your gear gives you. ;-)

    Blaze Deathcaster (Level 50 Death)
    Blaze Windrunner (Level 39 Storm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good story Mike. I am surprised that you even had the coordination to finish a meeting and a Oni. Even if the meeting didn't go the way you wanted it to go at least you tried.

    I was thinking the same thing about the empower spell. I don't want to use it at the level I am at right now because that is about a third of my health for 3 pips.

    I will wait till I get a major steal health spell to put it in my deck.

    ReplyDelete